Just Starting to Read this Blog?

Scroll down for the first entries


Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday June 27 2010 (Entry 10)

It's Sunday Morning at 5:30 a.m.
I have woken up refreshed and feeling better than I have in days.
Last Monday June 14th, I travelled to St. John's for a M.R.I, returning home the same day.
On Tuesday Morning Karen and I went to the Cancer Clinic for the next step. Even though we had arrived early we were greeted with warm smiles,and before long we were chatting with Dr. St. Croix.
She further explained the treatment protocol that was being recommended for me . I have agreed undergo a protocol that has not been used in Newfoundland before. The drugs are the same,but the method and amounts of administration quite different. In essence, after taking the first two of three chemotherapy drugs,the third would be administered for 120 hours continuous. That's why I disappeared last week.

The Chemotherapy experience I went through during the past two weeks was horrendous.
Once the Chemo hit me, and my white blood cells dropped,they didn't stop until I had reached bottom. I could easily sleep for twenty hours a day,between bouts of pain and discomfort.

However!
Those bright bouncing bubbly beams of light at the Cancer clinic,never left me too far out of reach.
Thank You! What a wonderful group of people.
Now I know what to expect,and I am getting my heart, mind soul and body for the next round.
Thanks for all the prayers and emails last week folks. They are inspiring!

10 comments:

Michele Pelley said...

Still thinking of you all and praying for you! Take care, God bless & thanks for taking us on your journey....love, Michele, Clint & Family xo

Stella King Cumben said...

Lord,help us put our faith in You and feel Your presence near.Through each moment of uncertainly,whatever we may fear.Give us strength and understanding,and the reassurance,too,That You're always here beside us when we put our trust in You.May God continue to bless You and your Family Stella King Cumben

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration to everyone! Thanks for taking us on this journey with you and your family. You are never far from our thoughts and always in our prayers. Stay strong...you will get through it with God's help.
Love, Sandy, Keith & family.xoxo

Anonymous said...

Keep strong Rev. John , we know you will get through this with God's help ... you are an inspiration to all of us ... god bless you and your family ...love Irene and Morgan

Anonymous said...

Uncle John, Thinking about you all the time and Praying for you,Take care... love Sharla, Jason, Kaitlyn...

Gordon & Bessie Downer said...

Thinking of you and praying for you in our prayers we know you will get through this with gods help, god bless you and your family.
love Gordon & Bessie Downer

Anonymous said...

Hi John,
I only became aware of your illness recently.Be assured of my prayers for you and your family.This blog is a further exention of your ministry and outreach which has always been you.
Neil

Mary said...

Rev. John glad to hear you are feeling better, Out of everything bad comes something good I believe, I know you have strong faith in God and the Church but I am sure yours will be even stronger when this is finished and behind you. Keeping up on how you are feeling and praying for you. May your angels keep watching over you. "The only way to see an angel is to look with the eyes of the heart and the only way to hear an angel is to listen with the ears of the soul" God Bless

Anonymous said...

Hi Rev.John,
I have been following your journey since hearing of your illness and find your strength truly admirable.Please continue to stay strong and know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

christine

Anonymous said...

AS YOU WISH,ALWAYS AND FOREVER....